Château Les Carrasses #LastminuteEaster
Easter arrives early this year so for those in search of warm Mediterranean sunshine, luxurious accommodation & the opportunity to enjoy some quality family time, look no further than the charming Château Les Carrasses in the South of France. Nestled amongst vines, the 19th Century vineyard estate offers a choice of stylish self catering accommodation, beautiful countryside surroundings with hotel facilities such as a heated infinity pool, tennis & volleyball courts, a French Brasserie and Wine Bar. With an exciting array of family friendly Easter activities to choose from – cycles rides through the vines, French cookery classes, creative outdoor art and sculptural lessons at the beach, guests will be spoilt for choice. Château Les Carrasses are running a special Springtime offer from 25th March – 1st May 2016 with 20% off all stays of 4 nights or more.
Easter activities at Château Les Carrasses :
· Easter Art Classes: from landscape painting en plein air, family portrait lessons, simple postcard design to creating a large piece of sculptural land art at the beach under the direction of local artist Annie Meharg. Half day from 35 Euro pp.
· Château Les Carrasses can organise private cookery classes (for groups of 6+) – from chocolate inspired Easter egg making to truffle risotto
· Cycle through the vines or along the picturesque Canal du Midi with a picnic hamper from Les Carrasses and sample all the best local delicacies
· Soak up the sun and plunge into the inviting heated infinity pool (heated from 26th March to an average of 28 degrees)
Explore the surrounding region:
· Enjoy a fresh, simple seafood lunch at one of the excellent restaurants in Bouzigues followed by a boat trip on the “Bleu Marin” to see how oysters are cultivated
· Hire an electric self- drive “mini barge” for a leisurely meander along the Canal du Midi. Children love taking the helm but do so at your own risk!
· Visit the unmissable Cité de Carcassonne and try a cassoulet, the local specialty
· Stock up on delicious cheeses, olive tapenades, charcuterie and other specialties at the covered market at Narbonne
· Wander through the cobbled streets of historic Pezenas and browse the 40+ antiques shops and art galleries
· Explore the historic village of Minerve followed by a tour & tasting of the Olive Factory at Bize-Minervois
· Pick up a bargain at Saint Chinian’s Sunday market followed by a walk or canoe along the river at Roquebrun
· Kids will love the thrill of climbing and flying through the trees at Bourbaki park (ages 6+)
The warm sunny climate, quiet beaches, affordable flights, creative family friendly Easter activities from cookery lessons to art classes make Easter an idyllic time to visit Château Les Carrasses and make the most of the Springtime offer .
Château Les Carrasses, a stylish 19th Century château in the French Languedoc consists of 28 unique, elegant one to three bedroom self-catering residences, blending the space, freedom and privacy of a luxury villa, with first class facilities- including a Brasserie and Wine Bar, magnificent infinity pool, tennis and volleyball courts, boulodroume and bbq area, conservatory, orchard and olive grove. Transport: Excellent air access from the UK with flights to Beziers (1/2 an hour drive) and Perpignan / Montpellier / Carcassonne (1hr).
Springtime Offer: A 4 night stay in Les Ateliers (2 bedroom/sleeps 4) is from £610 – a saving of £150. For further information on Château Les Carrasses visit www.lescarrasses.com.